Thursday, October 30, 2014

Quick unboxing pictures and thoughts

Ok, this isn't going to be very in depth, there's dozens or more unboxing videos and blog entries but I figure it's obligatory so here's mine.

I got my box of stuff today and I've been giddy as a school boy all day to break into it.  I finally busted it open and I was not disappointed.

My box was shrink wrapped, I notice some had said theirs weren't. I guess later waves probably got the shrink wrap while the first few did not.  In the shipping box was the Robotech RPG Tactics box plus a bag of extras for the Battlecry level of KS I kicked in for plus the picture they promised:


As others have pointed out, the box is huge!  It's a brick, square as you can see but also deep.  When you pop it open you can see why!


It's filled to the brim with stuff.  I don't know if this is the actual content of the starter box going out for retail or not but it's packed.  As some have pointed out the stuff is all free floating and not sectioned off as you sometimes see but I don't think this is a big deal.  The plastic is sturdy and I'd be surprised to see pieces broken off as they appear to be attached to the sprue pretty solidly as well.  Here's a shot of the non model content in the box:


Mine came with all the cards needed to play, template, bases plus extra base I assume for the recovery pod.  Decals, rule book, command tokens, assembly instructions and some advertisement inserts for Palladium and Ninja Division.   Like I said, I can't recall what you get in the actual starter that will be sold for retail.

Now the contents of the extra bag!


You get extra sprues, all the cards needed for the models included, bases including again the extra for the recovery pod, instructions and decals.

Here's a quick shot of the pile of sprues you get:



That's a crap ton of models!  I could see how it might be intimidating for some.  Fortunately I have a job that is sometimes slow and allows me to get some hobby related stuff done so I should be able to get everything assembled and ready to paint relatively quickly. 

I've decided to start with the simpler Zentraedi pods for a couple of reasons.  First there's a ton of them so it'll be nice to knock them out quickly.  Second, I have clear flight stems coming in from Litko for everything that needs them so while I could assemble those models I figure I have enough to occupy me for a few days while I wait for those to arrive.  It's looking like I'll have 4 or 5 hours to fiddle around and get some assembly done so I should have a post up in the next day or two on assembling the Zentraedi pods!

No comments:

Post a Comment